DBI co-signed the Child Manifesto, co-drafted within the EU Alliance for Investing in Children and signed by 150 MEPs, to call on EU Member States to:
- Develop comprehensive Child Guarantee Action Plans that will be regularly reviewed.
- Set ambitious national targets to halve child poverty by 2030 and make sure that all children are counted.
- Ensure the meaningful participation of children, of relevant multi-sectoral stakeholders – such as local communities and civil society organisations – as well as of parents and carers in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Child Guarantee Council Recommendation.
- Ensure that the Child Guarantee properly feeds into the European Semester process and the country-specific recommendations.
- Ensure a more comprehensive approach to the services provided under the Child Guarantee in the areas of nutrition and leisure activities.
- Ensure coherence and complementarity between the Child Guarantee and the EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child.