Vacancy: Don Bosco International Policy & Advocacy Intern
Internship starting period: March/April 2023 (flexible – max 6 months)
Location: Don Bosco International Secretariat, Close Andre Rappe 8, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Don Bosco International (DBI) is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which represents the Salesians of Don Bosco in the European institutions and civil society network. DBI advocates for the rights and empowerment of children and young people, especially those at risk of poverty and social discrimination.
We are looking for an intern to assist in the development and implementation of DBI advocacy strategy, which currently embrace actions in the fields of poverty and social inclusion, migration and refugees, human integral development, including the promotion of youth participation and integral ecology. For further information on our advocacy goals please DBI’s mission statement.
- Support policy and advocacy team in its work on priorities highlighted above;
- Monitor developments of European and international social policies regarding children and young people’s rights in the fields above mentioned and report to the policy and advocacy team;
- Carry out research tasks as required to support ongoing or emergent projects;
- Support DBI working structures (including drafting documents, organising meetings, coordinating inputs, etc.);
- Assist in the preparation, follow-up and reporting of international events.
- Qualifications, studies (bachelor or master) or any experience in the relevant fields / social sciences / political sciences / EU policies / law
- Good understanding of European social policy and advocacy at the EU level
- Good research and communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, other EU languages are an asset
- Flexibility and readiness to work in a small team
- Basic knowledge of office computer system (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,etc.)
- Flexibility in attending international conferences and events in Brussels and abroad
- Knowledge about Don Bosco’s values and educational system is an asset
Remuneration: Our interns receive a monthly contribution. However, we encourage applications through Erasmus+ scholarships.
DBI provides a professional liability insurance concerning the internship, but the intern must take care of his/her own civil liability insurance.
Are you interested?
To apply: Please send your CV (pdf) and your cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 5 March 2023, midnight (CET).
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited to interviews between 13-16 March (face-to-face in Brussels or online). If selected for an interview you will be notified. The successful candidate is expected to start between the last week of March and the first week of April 2023. We can be flexible on starting date according to candidates’ needs.
Confidentiality: All information given upon application will be treated in a confidential manner. By submitting your CV you agree Don Bosco International might contact references provided.
Leave A Comment